14 Fun Valentine Gifts Ideas for the One You Love
Are you ready for Valentine’s Day? Or are you like me and still trying to figure out ‘the perfect’ gift? As a busy mom, you’re probably reading this and telling yourself to put ‘the perfect gift’ on the list with the other 82,673 that need to be done in the next few weeks.
As a frugal gal, I find Valentine’s Day to be a challenge. Going out to dinner is often too expensive, and, well, a bit more everyday than special. And since we’re just coming off the big winter holiday bonanza, getting just a regular gift seems less romantic that what Valentine’s Day should be.
Valentine’s Day is supposed to be romantic, but when you’ve got carpool, helping with homework, after-school activity practice and all those ‘normal’ everyday things it’s hard to click your mind over to romance. We know romance is important, but when it comes to Valentine’s Day it’s often an afterthought. Sure there’s a card with a beautifully written sentiment. But that’s about it. Until now!
With so many resource just a few clicks away, fun, economical, easy, romantic, masculine, cute, and sweet Valentines are easy to find. And it doesn’t matter if you’re not crafty or don’t bake, you husband or partner will know that such a special gift only means one thing – that they’re loved more than they thought.
14 Fun Valentine Gift Ideas For the One You Love Most:
- Marshmallow Fun Pops – an easy DIY project, even if you make just 2
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels – sweet and salty, it’s a perfect match
- Calzone Hearts – even if you use store-bought dough, they say the way to a man’s heart is thru his stomach
- Romantic Scavenger Hunt – leave clues around the house or in locations you’re sure he’ll see, which will either lead him to his gift, require him to put together the story which tells him about his gift or where to meet for dinner or whatever your heart desires!
- Create a love poem – find a poem that speaks to your hear and rewrite the poem in the shape of a heart
- Celebrate 14-days of love – tuck little notes for your husband or partner to find. Not only will you feel good for sending out love, you’ll know they’re feeling good too.
- Create a 52 Reasons I Love You set of cards – these are sweet and adorable, and a constant reminder of all the reasons you fell in love
- Make his favorite foods – remember when you were first married and you made all his favorite foods? And how much he appreciated it? Relive memories and rekindle that feeling of new marital bliss.
- Fill the room with balloons! – OK that sounds more juvenile than it really is. It’s not just about creating memories, but remembering the beautiful ones that got you to today.
- Share the alphabet of your love – create a keepsake that uses the alphabet for inspiration!
- Date of the Month Club – I saw this and thought it was a great idea. How many times do we talk about needing date-night and it never happens? Now, there’s no reason NOT to have a date night!
- Create a word cloud – instead of just telling him all that he means to you, create a word cloud art piece that he’d be proud to display. If you’re a DIY kinda gal, you can create your own customized word cloud.
- Tell him how ‘Fortune’ate you are to be his wife – who doesn’t like to break open a fortune cookie? These paper fortune cookies are a great way to share your thoughts in a fun and unique way.
- Map your love – a quick DIY project that is sentimental but not overly froufy, and is perfect for any room in the house or even to take to the office.
It’s not easy to come up with thoughtful and fun gifts, especially when juggling the house, kids, school and all the other things a mom does. Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be stressful, it’s a time to slow down a moment and remember why you fell in love in the first place.
How will you make this Valentine’s Day extra special? Please share your ideas by commenting below!